Memphis Grill Smoked Pulled Pork Sliders
1 Pork Butt or Shoulder
Pork BBQ Rub
1 cup Apple Juice
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup Beef Stock
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp Butter, melted
1 Liter Beef Broth
1. Start by trimming some of the extra fat off the meat. You want to leave some on since it will add flavor.
2. Combine apple juice, vinegar, beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, maple syrup, butter and 1 Tbsp of your BBQ rub in a bowl. Mix until BBQ rub is dissolved.
3. Inject the butt with your marinade. Move throughout the butt and inject thoroughly. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
4. Generously sprinkle your rub mix over the pork butt and let it sit for at least an hour – this will allow the rub to penetrate and adhere to the meat.
5. Set your Memphis Wood Fire Grill to 235 F and use apple, cherry or maple pellets.
6. Place the pork butt on the grill with the fat side down. Also place an aluminum pan with some beef broth underneath the butt to collect all the drippings – more about these later.
7. Smoke for about 5 hours or until the internal temperature reaches about 165 F. You want the butt to start forming a nice red crust.
8. When you have a nice bark – wrap the pork butt tightly in aluminum foil.
9. Keep smoking until the internal temperature reaches about 205 degrees Fahrenheit. While you wait for the butt to reach that temperature, collect all the drippings and pour into a tall container. Put the container in the fridge – the temperature will make the fat rise and get stiff. After an hour or so you can spoon out all the coagulated fat and you are left with liquid gold!! The juice from the butts will be used later to add flavor to the pulled pork.
10. The last step is to let the meat rest for a while. Then it is time to serve. Use food handling gloves to pull the meat apart into nice chunks. Use a fork to shred some of the pork that is falling apart. Pour back some of the dripping liquid into the shredded pork. Serve on sliders with your favorite coleslaw.
* Original Post: https://memphisgrills.com/smoked-pulled-pork-sliders/